Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Shopping Talent Fairy

God, I love shopping. Seriously. There is nothing better to me (outside of my awesome little family) than spending a day browsing stores, finding adorable things for the kids and clothes for me & fun jewelry and cute shoes and … well, I could go on and on.


Pebbles believes in Fairies. Do you?

Everyone has a talent, right? At least in the world of Disney Fairies they do. My talent is shopping. For reals. I am a genuine Shopping Talent Fairy. {for the record, The Hubs believes this is a sub-talent, and that my broader category talent is simply a Spending Money Fairy} I know I have friends in my imaginary fairy land – the awesome Windizzle comes to mind – and we have a blast scouring the Fairyland Boutiques for fabulous finds. In real life, sadly, my budget does not support my talents. And my partner in crime moved away from me *mope* {texting is a good tool for virtual shopping together though!!} I forget this fact about my budget though.

Too often, in fact *blush*

Someone shows me an outfit they like? Ooooh! NEED! A cute dress they purchased! Love it! Want! A sale email pops up in my email and, completely ignoring the fact that we need NOTHING for the current season {having purchased far too much months before the weather even changed}, I click to open the site & shop. A free day to myself? Here I come Mecca {aka the mall}. I look. I find. I want. I NEED.

The Hubs keeps hoping I’ll win the lottery, or go back to work, or somehow have some sense knocked into me one of these days. Fall clothes are beginning to trickle into the stores, along with some good sales ... but Fancy will be wearing uniforms to school this year. Uniforms. Love the concept, hate what it means to my addiction. So my Gymbucks will be used on red, white & blue polos and khaki skorts.

Pebbles will surely benefit from this turn of events, not that her wardrobe is ever lacking. This season is also the last one that I don't have a fairly substantial stash of hand-me-downs saved up for her. The question is, will our bottom line benefit? Or will my talents simply be used on, say, clothes for me? Items for the house? If you don't exercise your talents, you know, they get rusty. Stay tuned …

1 comment:

  1. WOMAN! I did not know you had a blog! What the shizz!!! More chances to stare at your gorgeous kids? yes, please.

    ReplyDelete