Saturday, June 26, 2010

She's a Super Shiny Star


It is recital day for my Fancy. This is her third year dancing, and she’s only 5. She loves dancing.

I still remember her first day of class. She was not yet 3, and was still very “cling-on” with me – definitely mommy’s girl. We arrived at the studio, they told us where she should go … and they closed the door. Boom. My baby. Behind closed doors for the first time. And she was awesome.

Her first day of preschool ended up being after the first day of dance. I was much less worried about preschool. Her brother had been in the same classroom with the same teacher the year before, so she was familiar with everything and excited to go. But this was new. And she was a rock star. Gave me a kiss, marched in & came out bursting with joy. She loved dance.

That year, she was a beautiful rainbow after a “sudden shower” Under the Sea (music from The Little Mermaid).

Last year’s theme was “In the Jungle” and she was an elephant.


This year, “It’s a Small World” and she is a “Brazilian Babe.”



I love her dance studio. Her teachers, Miss Linda & Miss Alli, have been phenomenal. They are so sweet and loving and make the kids feel so happy & comfortable. It’s awesome.

Fancy says she’s going to be a ballerina when she grows up. I’m not sure she has the natural ability necessary to make it career, but one thing is for sure – I hope she grows up enjoying every second she’s in class and on the stage. I know I did!

Tonight, we’re going on a date, just me & my Fancy girl – second year in a row – to watch the “big girls” dance. Next year she will *be* one of those big girls. Where did my tiny dancer go?

Lucky for me, Pebbles is waiting in the wings for her turn. She was dancing in the aisle this morning, and begging to go on stage. And she’s really flexible!

No comments:

Post a Comment